Thursday, April 25, 2013

Here's to tofu chocolate mousse!

I am on day 11 of my little experiment, and I must say -"woo-hoo!"
My hip and knee pain is about a 2 today, and that's even after working out my biceps and triceps yesterday and playing a round of golf.
Normally, after lifting weights for the first time in several weeks, there would be a painful amount of lactic acid buildup in that area of muscle.
Coincidence that I've also been wheat-free during that time?
Hmmmm.
And  by that, I mean really don't know.

Today, as I was trolling around Wegman's doing my grocery shopping, I found some pretty cool new foods to try.
Being that I'm not one of those organic, special diet kinds of people, I was amazed that there is a coconut milk based ice cream that only has a few grams of sugar per half cup. Or, did you know that there are noodles that look like real spaghetti, only they're made from tofu?
Crazy talk, right?
Well, we'll see how good they actually taste when I report back.

Tonights menu:
Sliced seared pepper tuna that I bought from the sushi case at Wegmans.
Lemony crispy chicken thighs. This recipe is from an issue of food and wine magazine.
Creamy cucumber salad.
Either fresh asparagus or zucchini with parmesan and olive oil.
Dessert is tofu chocolate mousse from the "Wheat Belly Diet" book. I made it a few days ago, and liked it so much, I'm making it again. The only other thing I'm adding to the recipe is some sugar free caramel syrup.

I haven't weighed myself in 2 days, as I've decided to do an average for the 2 weeks instead of checking in everyday. It gets too frustrating with all of the fluctuations.

So far, it's been about 5 pounds. I'll take it.



No comments:

Post a Comment