Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sushi for the Soul

Ten years ago, I lost over 30 lbs by following a low carb diet.
Atkins was way too strict for me, but I had read some of Suzanne Somers "Somersize" books, and was happily suprised to find her recipes easy and delicious, and the photos of the food were gorgeous.
But it also involved seperating even "good"carbs from proteins, and this time around in my challenge to release some excess weight, I want to eat what I want and when I want, and instead of mentally stamping my foot like a 4 year old, I'm feeling more like, well, an adult.
I'm going to eat until I'm honestly satisfied.
Up unitl now, I had been eating and drinking like I'm a passenger on a luxery cruise line - and acting like the ship is going down.
Since stating my intentions, my adult soul-self has already begun to make better food choices and eat smaller portions.
 
   And today, my adult soul-self wanted sushi.
In particular, I was craving some tasty rolls, filled with spicy tuna, avocado, salmon, shrimp and asparugus. I ordered the 3 roll lunch special that came with miso soup and a tiny gingered salad.
I ate some of evrything and then let my husband finish off the rest of my meal after I had my fill.( he was happy to oblige)
When I was through eating, I felt happy, and most importantly, satisfied. Not bloated -or deprived.
 
This is what the Soul Path to Weightloss is all about for me.
 
And I didn't even scrape the rice off the sushi.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment