Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy End- of- Summer Holiday!

Visiting family from out of town whom I haven't seen in 2 years.
Parties and BBQ's
.
My husband's "last hoorah" before his travelling working season begins.

These are all reasons why my Labor Day weekend was quite a blowout.

Do I feel guilty for overindulging in food and drink?

Not a darn bit.

Life is meant to be enjoyed, and what better way then laughing, eating and hanging with family and friends.

My soul knows that. It also knows that tomorrow, I will spend more time on the treadmill and extra time pounding the weights.

My husband's closest childhood friend is coming into town Tuesday ( tomorrow) to be a runner at the Wednesday night NFL game that my husband will be shooting as a cinematographer.

This friend has had his share of life threatening illnesses that would make even the most seasoned doctors' hair stand on end. As I write this, he just arrived in N.Y to attend the US open - with the blessings of his wife and kids who are home in Pittsburhg, Pa.
It's something he has always wanted to do - so he's doing it.
After almost dying on the operating table more than once, he has learned that life on this earth can be fleeting, and means to grab it by the balls and squeeze as much juice as he can from it.
 
Sorry for any painful visual graphics - about the balls, not the dying, silly.

This man is one of my heroes, and I intend to cook him a wonderful meal, and make him feel very welcome and special for the 24 hours he'll be in our home.

I just jotted down my dinner menu ( subject to change, of course) and it includes brussel sprouts with bacon and raisins, chicken saltimbocca, grilled brushcetta, and a caprese salad.

Rather than make a low carb, low calorie dinner, my plan is to make some yummy dishes, and eat a little from each one.

Hope you have all enjoyed your holiday weekend as much as I have.

I look foward to the fall, it's the time of renewal for me.
I love ordering my firewood and cozying up with books and comfort foods.

So, here's to another summer come and gone.

And here's to new beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment