Friday, September 7, 2012

To do, is to be...

For a large part of my adult life, I have belonged to various gyms.
 
I have joined ladies only gyms, muscle head gyms and franchise-type gyms.

Remember Nautilus?

Working as a personal trainer, I spent time in other peoples' home gyms, mostly set up in a finished basement.

I don't have a basement in my rancher, but I finally figured out that other than a walkway to the back deck and pool, our sunroom has gone largely unused, so it is now officially my home gym.
Nothing fancy, as you can see.
A decent treadmill, adjustable weight bench sitting some matting squares and free weights.
That's it.

You can belong to the most expensive gym, you can buy the chicest workout clothes, you can shop at fancy organic themed grocery stores.

But if you don't actually use the gym, wear the clothes or prepare and eat the decent foods, you're not kidding anyone but yourself.

My husband's favorite quote is "To do, is to be" which basically means that what you do is who you are - not what you talk about but never actually get around to doing.

The first part of the Soul's Path to Weight Loss is the intention.
You set the intention with an idea or goal.
Let's say your initial intention is to release some weight and increase your energy levels.

What then will be your course of action?
 
Start walking 20 minutes a day 3 days a week? Switch from regular soda to diet? Increase your whole grain intake?

These are all very moderate, reasonable intentions that can lead you to make better choices throughout each day.

So, you are probably asking yourself, how is this different than any other diet or exercise program that I've tried and "failed" so many times before?

Up next....

The power of words.





No comments:

Post a Comment